Easy method of installing a canon printer to a Wi-Fi network
A computer printer works only after proper installation of drivers and softwares. A printer can be connected to the computer either using a USB cable, parallel port cable or SCSI cable. Every printer comes with a software used to install printer in windows or any other operating system.
Steps of installing a printer and connecting to a Wi-fi network:
- Turn on the computer after plugging in all the cords.
- Insert the CD that came with the printer to run the set up file. In case, the CD do not start automatically, go to "My Computer", double click CD drive, and then click on the set up or install file.
- Follow the installation wizard and once completed/ finished, your printer is ready to be used.
- If you want to connect printer to a Wi-fi network, turn the printer on and press the "set up button".
- Select "Wireless LAN set up" and press "OK".
- Select "Easy set up" from the set up types and press "OK".
- Enter network information.
- Select network name from access point options and click "OK".
- Enter the password for Wi-fi network selected and click "OK".
- Run the CD installation.
- Insert the CD into computer and follow the on-screen prompts such as place of residence, country or region and then click "Easy install".
- Select "Use the printer on network" option and click "NEXT".
- When the printer detection appears on the screen, select the printer of your choice and then click on "NEXT".
- Once the set up completion message appears on the screen, click "complete".
After following the steps if issue still persist then contact to Canon Printer Technical Support.